WePlay Compete Valorant Community Battle 5v5 official rules and regulations.
WePlay Compete Valorant Community Battle 5v5 (hereinafter referred to as the “Tournament”) is a cybersport event organized and conducted by WePlay Esports Media, INC., registered address: 1013 Centre RD STE 403B, Wilmington, DE, USA (hereinafter referred to as “WePlay Esports”). These official rules and regulations (hereinafter referred to as the “Rules”) determine participation in the Tournament. By submitting an application and / or confirming participation in the Tournament, all participants and players must familiarize themselves with these Rules, unconditionally accept them and agree to the terms of the Rules.
This Tournament is not a game of chance and cannot be used in any type or form of gambling.
1. General Provisions
1.1. WePlay Compete Valorant Community Battle 5v5 Tournaments is a Valorant video game tournament organized by WePlay Esports. WePlay Esports is an eSports organization created by “oldschool” players for players and spectators from around the world. The goal of WePlay Esports is the development of eSports through the organization of competitions (tournaments), the unification of professional players and teams of the highest level, the creation of equal conditions for all participants and the determination (using exclusively the principles of equal and fair competition) of a champion among players and teams from around the world.
1.2. WePlay Compete app. and Tournaments are not available for Players from the following territories: Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, Cuba, Darfur, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, North Korea, Mali, Myanmar (Burma), Somalia, Sudan,, South Sudan, Syria, Russian Federation, Republic of Belarus, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe, Nicaragua.
WePlay Compete app. and Tournaments are not available for Players from the following USA states: Delaware, Montana, South Carolina, Connecticut.
Moreover, each Player represents and warrants that he/she:
- doesn’t fell within the category of persons, affected by the sanctions measures and prohibitions, determined in the all applicable USA presidential legal-and-regulatory acts and its related documentation and/or doesn’t fell within the category of persons, affected by any other existing sanctions measures and prohibitions and/or doesn’t fell within the category of persons, who ever made violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and all related applicable USA anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, which are fixed and documented in appropriate manner;
- is not specified in OFAC’s sanctions Complete Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List (SDN LIST); Consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to EU financial sanctions; United Nations Security Council Consolidated List; List of persons related to commitment of terrorist activity or persons to whom international sanction were applied; CONSOLIDATED LIST OF FINANCIAL SANCTIONS TARGETS IN THE UK.
If any violation of this clause will reveal, WePlay Esports has a right doesn’t transfer prizes to the relevant Players.
1.3. To participate in the tournament and to receive prize, all players must have a profile on the WePlay Compete tournament platform (hereinafter referred to as “Platform”).
1.4. WePlay tournament platform provides facilities just for score reporting and managing.
1.5. Tournament Venue: Online via personal player’s computer.
1.6. Dates of the Tournament: Schedule in WePlay Compete tournament platform website.
1.7. Tournament prize pool distribution:
- 1st place - $25 Amazon gift card;
1.8. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for another type of prize. WePlay Esports reserves the right to change/withdraw any announced prize amounts at any time at its sole discretion.
1.9. The prize is paid out within the time frame and procedure agreed between WePlay Esports and the Players participating in the Tournament, but no later than 3 month after the completion of the Tournament. The process may be affected by the availability of information and documents required for a money transfer.
2. Rules and format of the tournament.
To participate in the Tournament, you need to be in the Discord channel - https://discord.gg/WPT86uD
- WePlay Valorant Community Battle 5v5 games are online tournaments.
- 5v5 maps:
- Method of competition: 5 versus 5.
- Server: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Mumbai.
- By agreement, you can change the server.
- Lobby Mode: Standard
- Lobby Type: Closed
- Enable Cheats: Off
- Tournament Mode: On
- Overtime: On
- Play All Rounds: Off
- Hide Match History: Off
- Connect to the lobby timer - 10 minutes
- The lobby leader must not start the game before all players from both teams have joined the lobby
- Teams must take their places inside the lobby on the side according to the match page
- Only those registered for the current match have the right to be in the game lobby. participants, official judges of the tournament, as well as official commentators of the tournament.
Tournament Conduct Format
- Players face each other in a Single Elimination format.
- All matches are best of 1.
- At the start of the tournament you will receive an automatic invitation to the match lobby. If a player does not enter the lobby in 5 minutes (problems with the Internet, client updates, or other technical issues are not acceptable and players are responsible to ready up for every match in time), the player receives a technical defeat.
- The main communication channel during our tournaments is our Discord channel called #valorant-tournaments. Not being a member of the channel may result in your disqualification.
- At least one of the players on each team must keep a record of their game in order to have evidence in case of dispute. The absence of a record entails non-payment of prizes and / or a technical defeat during the tournament. For the use of a fake record, the organizer has the right to put a technical defeat. If cheating, bugging is suspected, Administrators can remove the player from the tournament and request a recording of the game. In case of failure to provide a recording of the game at the request of the Referee, you may receive a ban on the platform. The recording of the game must be kept for 3 days, after which it can be deleted
- In the case of requesting a recording from one side, the opposite side must also make a recording of the game.
- The match starts after the two captains confirm readiness in the Valorant game chat, then the lobby leader can start the match.
- If the opponent left the server with a full squad, you need to take a screenshot and send it to our server in the WePlay Esports Discord, indicating the link to the lobby.
- Each match on the server lasts until 13 rounds are won. The max amount of rounds for one side is 12, after that teams switch sides and the match continues.
- Each team is allowed to pause the game no more than twice times and every time up to 300 seconds. After a player’s pause limit ends, the match continues regardless of whether the problem is fixed.
- The Administrators may request you to make your Steam profile public. If you refuse, you may be disqualified from the tournament.
Bugs, Restrictions, Unfair Play, and Penalties
- Players may receive technical defeats for using bugs.
- It’s prohibited to waste time by playing two or more tournaments at the same time, including on other websites. Complaints about such a player are accepted only from a match participant on compete.weplay.tv. If our Administrators have significant proof of time-wasting, a player will be disqualified from all the ongoing tournaments except the one that started earlier than others. Exceptions are applied to Premium tournaments and the ones that were delayed due to technical reasons.
- Unfair play is defined as using scripts or programs that hack the game.
- It is forbidden to swear, humiliate, provoke, flood messages, hurt players in communication directly or indirectly, to abuse and deceive participants, as well as the tournament Administration during a tournament by any means. For such violations, the player/team may receive a warning or technical defeat and lose any prizes won. To report such behaviors, you must provide screenshots. In some cases, you need to provide a video recording at the request of the Referee as well.
- Delaying the match is strictly prohibited. If a player/team deliberately delays the match, they might receive a technical defeat.
- If a player refuses to replay a match appointed by the Administrators, it receives a technical defeat and forfeits any prizes won in the tournament.
- Username or team name must not include obscene language, racial discrimination or another form of hate speech addressed to certain nationalities. Breaking this rule will result in a warning, a technical defeat, or a temporary ban.
- A player’s/team’s avatar cannot contain violent images, pornographic material or propaganda, racism, or any forms of hatred towards representatives of certain nationalities.
- The Player’s or team’s name cannot contain any domain of internet service (e.g. www.google.com or google.com). Such players will not be allowed to participate.
- It is forbidden to take part in fixed matches. For this violation, the player/team will receive a technical defeat in the tournament, and the prize money will not be paid.
If you have any problems – write it in #valorant-tournaments channel.
3. How do I submit the results?
3.1. After the end of the match the results are counted automatically.
3.2. If this doesn’t happen, write to our Discord channel.
4.1. A Player must have a WePlay Сompete account.
4.2. A Player must reside where Valorant is available.
4.3. A Player must have a Valorant account.
4.4. Only one Valorant account per player is allowed to participate in the tournament.
4.5. Use of macros, turbos, cheats or any peripheral which tampers with standard game functionality is prohibited.
5.1. In case of any disagreement on the match results and/or any rule and/or societies code of conduct violation, players must involve a Tournament Referee.
5.2. Results submitted later than 10 minutes will not be taken into consideration.
5.3. Administrators will resolve disputes on a case by case basis.
5.4. The Tournament Referee makes decisions in accordance with these Rules. In controversial and non-standard situations, the Referee has the right to personally resolve a particular situation. In exceptionally controversial situations, if you have irrefutable evidence proving your innocence, you may appeal to a decision made by a judge by
6. Rights and obligations of Players
6.1. WePlay Esports’s Officers, Executives and Staff and / or its branches, as well as each of their immediate relatives of the above-mentioned persons, are not entitled to participate in the Tournament.
6.2. During the Tournament, the organizers WePlay Esports’s Staff has the right to request, and players are required to provide information about the equipment used by the Players. At its discretion, WePlay Esports may prohibit the use of any specific Player equipment for reasons related to the safety, effectiveness and fairness of the game in the Tournament.
6.3. Players must show sportsmanship and respect for each other and for all Players and Staff of the Tournament from WePlay Esports. Players at all times during the Tournament must strictly follow all WePlay Esports’s Instructions. Players must play to the maximum of their abilities and capabilities all the time within the framework of the Tournament and avoid any actions incompatible with the principles of sports professionalism, fairness and fair play. If a player behaves inappropriately and / or does not follow these Rules, WePlay Esports at its sole discretion determines the need for immediate disqualification from the Tournament and depriving a Player of all potential prizes. WePlay Esports reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prohibit disqualified Players from participating in any future event organized by WePlay Esports.
6.4. Behavior deemed inappropriate and in violation of the Rules includes, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive behavior towards any other Players, employees and audience;
- Excessive communication during the game. Only expressions of sporting behavior (for example, “gl”, “hf”, “gg”, “pp”) and adequate communication are allowed;
- Fraud (cheating) in any form;
- Using any in-game bugs to get an advantage;
- Participation in any action related to match-fixing (any offers on match fixing received by the player must be immediately transferred to WePlay Esports;
- Any behavior unacceptable to WePlay Esports;
- Any other violations of these Rules.
6.5. Players are required to take and provide screenshots at the request of the WePlay Esports’s Officers, Executives and Staff and/or its branches. In case of refusal, the result will not be counted and the prize money will not be paid. All screenshots submitted later than 10 minutes will not be taken into consideration.
7.1. All property rights (including, without limitation, any rights to marketing, media, software, trademarks and every other intellectual property) associated with the Tournament belong to WePlay Esports.
7.2. Players must not associate their participation in the Tournament with commerce and must not use any intellectual property rights WePlay Esports or other relevant owners, as they should not allow third parties to do this without the prior written consent of WePlay Esports.
7.3. By participating in the Tournament, each Player hereby irrevocably WePlay Esports and each of their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, licensees, predecessors, successors, and assigns a universal, unlimited time permit for streaming, communication with the public, Internet live broadcasting, photo and video shooting and recording of the Player’s participation and performance in the Tournament itself and other events related to the Tournament as well as the use of the Player’s name, username, nickname, handle, tag (or equivalent), logo, avatar, likeness, voice, statements, similarities and other personal characteristics and other information (“Appearance”) and the right, but not the obligation, to distribute, redistribute, use, communicate, broadcast, rebroadcast, transmit, retransmit, or translate in any language, sublicense or otherwise use the “Appearance” without any additional payments, in whole or in part, in any and all media in any form currently known or developed in the future, including, but not limited to, on the Internet, worldwide in perpetuity, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, mobile telecommunication technologies, mobile broadcasting technologies, IPTV, OTT, satellite, cable via live broadcast and Internet broadcasting, retransmission, streaming, Tvod rights, EST (including downloading via the Internet), Svod, Fvod, Advod, Nvod, Mobile rights, Ancillary rights (Airline, Hotel, Ship, Train, Vehicle); Cinematographic rights - theater, non-theater, public video rights; paid viewing rights - residential PayPerView rights; pay TV rights - rights to digital terrestrial pay TV, cable pay TV, satellite pay TV, catch-up pay TV, basic pay TV, premium pay TV; free TV rights - rights to free digital terrestrial television, cable free TV, satellite free TV, catch-up free TV; rights of retransmission, public performance, free access, reproduction, distribution and downloading by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of PVR, NPVR, digital video recorder, offline viewing on the territories of all satellite systems that currently span the whole world; for converting, changing, reprocessing, image restoration (including restoration/color enhancement), translation into any language (through duplication and/or off-screen translation and/or subtitles) for the purpose of advertising, marketing and promotion of the Tournament, WePlay Esports itself, its website and future activities in any and all media and by any means currently known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, Internet.
8. Warranties and responsibility
8.1. WePlay Esports makes no warranties and hereby declines any warranties, express or implied, regarding any prize provided in connection with the Tournament. In no way limiting the generality of the foregoing and without canceling other agreements that apply to a Player as a participant in a Tournament, WePlay Esports hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, in relation to the game software, the WePlay Compete app., the equipment and the operation of the Tournament, including, without limitation, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, names, offenses and their analogues in accordance with the laws of any jurisdiction.
8.2. WePlay Esports is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other materials related to or related to the use of the WePlay Compete app., also WePlay Esports not responsible for any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, interruptions in communication lines, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to the WePlay Compete app. account or field of play in the game. However, WePlay Esports trying to ensure the integrity of the Tournament, but WePlay Esports is not responsible for the actions of Players in connection with the Tournament, including the Player’s attempts to circumvent the Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, honesty, fairness or proper conduct of the Tournament.
8.3. Player represents and warrants that (a) Player has the right, power and authority to enter into this Tournament and to grant any rights granted by Player herein; (b) any material provided by or on behalf of Player and/or its personnel is owned or controlled 100% by Player, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property and all elements are either original with Player or in the public domain; (c) Player shall comply, in all respects, with all laws applicable to it regarding or arising out of its obligations under this Rules; (d) any statements made by Player during the Tournament will be true and will not violate or infringe upon any third party rights; (e) the exercise of any of WePlay Esports rights in accordance with this Rules will not violate, infringe or conflict with any rights of any third party, and there are no threatened or actual claims, liens, charges, restrictions, judgments or encumbrances on or related to any of the rights granted by Player hereunder or any of the results and proceeds of any services to be rendered or provided by Player that will interfere with or limit the rights of WePlay Esports under this Rules; (f) as of the date of the accepting of this Rules and participation at the Tournament, the Player is sixteen (16) years of age or older under the Player’s residence provided by the law.
9. Personal Data
9.1. In order to take part in the Tournament, the Players need to provide WePlay Esports their personal data (including, but not limited to, name, address, age, email address, nationality, etc.).
9.2. Players acknowledge and agree that the personal data provided to WePlay Esports pursuant to these Rules will be used, processed and stored for purposes relating to the proper organization of the Tournament itself and Tournament-related activities.
9.3. Furthermore, the Players acknowledge and agree to WePlay Esports’ use of their personal data in accordance with the applicable law, as well as disclosure of Players’ personal data to WePlay Esports.
10.1. Violation of any part of these Rules may, at the sole discretion of WePlay Esports, to sanction (s) and / or to crediting defeat. All Players must strictly adhere to directions from WePlay Esports. All decisions and managerial moments of WePlay Esports are final and binding. WePlay Esports reserves the right to impose sanctions on any Player at any time and for any reason. The following may apply: including, but not limited to, warning; disqualification; loss of prize.
10.2. In the event of a right to disqualification applied to any Player, this right may be exercised based on the sole conclusions of WePlay Esports. Any Player who has decided to refuse to participate in the Tournament and / or has been disqualified will not be admitted to the Tournament again under any condition.
10.3. These Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware state, the USA, without the application of any law or conflicting provisions or rules. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Rules, including any matter relating to its existence, validity or termination, if such a dispute / issue is not settled between the parties through negotiations, is referred and finally resolved by the relevant court of Delaware state, the USA.
10.4. For WePlay Esports the right remains to change any part of these Rules at any time and / or to cancel the participation of any Player in the Tournament at their own discretion. Updates to the Rules may be published without notifying the Players participating in the Tournament. The format and / or schedule of the Tournament is also subject to change without notice.
10.5. WePlay Esports and Tournament Referees are allowed to make their own decisions which could go against the Rules in extraordinary situations. WePlay Esports and Tournament Referees are as well allowed to make their own decisions in situations which are not covered by the Rules.