The WePlay! Dota Underlords Open (“Tournament”) is an event conducted and managed by WP GO LIMITED, Hong Kong.
These Official Rules & Regulations (“Rules”) govern participation in the Tournament. By applying for participation in the Tournament, all applicants and players unconditionally accept and agree to abide by these Rules.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1. WePlay! Dota Underlords Open - is a tournament organized by WP GO LIMITED, Hong Kong (“WePlay!”).
1.2. Tournament webpage: https://weplay.tv/news/weplay-dota-underlords-weekly-tournaments-16992
1.3. WePlay! website: www.weplay.tv
1.4. Tournament location: Online.
1.5. Tournament dates:
- Weekly Tournaments: Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Grand Finals: Once per month Tuesday-Wednesday
1.6. Prize pool distribution:
- 1st place – 100 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 2nd place – 60 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 3rd place – 40 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 4th place - 20 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 5-6th place - 10 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 7-8th place - 5 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 1st place – 200 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 2nd place – 120 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 3rd place – 80 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 4th place - 40 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 5-6th place - 20 USD (Steam Wallet)
- 7-8th place - 10 USD Steam Wallet)
1.7. The prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable and no prize alternatives will be offered. WePlay! reserves the right to change/withdraw any prize at any time at its discretion.
2. THE “WEPLAY! DOTA UNDERLORDS OPEN” TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE AND RULES
2.1. Weekly part of the tournament schedule:
- Round 1 - Thursday, 19:00 CET (GMT+1)
- Round 2 - Friday, 17:00 CET (GMT+1)
- Round 3 - Friday, 20:00 CET (GMT+1)
- Round 4 - Saturday, 15:00 CET (GMT+1)
- Round 5 - Saturday, 19:00 CET (GMT+1)
2.2. Weekly tournament format:
- Single Elimination, Round Robin
- Each group has 8 players
- Each round consists of 2 games. Except final round
Final round - bo3
- In each group, the top 4 players by the number of points scored, pass to the next round.
- 6 rounds
- The number of participants is 128
- Each player must take screenshots after each game played.
- Player with the highest seed (at the highest position on the player list) in the group creates the lobby. Read this FAQ page to learn how to create a lobby.
- Players have 15 minutes to join the lobby. If a player fails to join the lobby in 15 minutes, the game starts without him or her and the player receives 0 points.
- The missing players are replaced with the strongest bot.
2.3. Grand Finals Schedule:
Once per month Thuesday-Wednesday
- Round 1 - Tuesday, 17:00 CET (GMT+1)
- Round 2 - Wednesday, 17:00 CET (GMT+1)
2.4. Grand Final Format:
- Format: Free-for-All Round Robin
- Two groups with 8 players each
- 5 games in each group
- 4 players with the highest amount of points proceed to the next round.
- Format: Free-for-All Round Robin
- 8 players
- 5 games
- The final standings depand on the amount of points earned by each player. The best 8 players split the prize pool.
2.5. The distribution of points depends on the game placement. If a round consists of several matches, points are summed up, and the final position is determined by the sum of points scored.
- 1st place in a game - 10 points
- 2nd place in a game - 7 points
- 3rd place in a game - 6 points
- 4th place in a game - 5 points
- 5th place in a game - 4 points
- 6th place in a game - 3 points
- 7th place in a game - 2 points
- 8th place in a game - 1 point
2.6. Game client settings.
Game version: the latest officially released version of Dota Underlords.
2.7. Wins, losses and abnormal situations.
- The final position of the players is determined by the sum of points after a certain amount of rounds. Tiebreakers:
- Bo2 tie-break system.
With an equal number of points, the winner is determined as follows: the sum of points for two games is divided by the difference in places in the first and second games. Higher value wins. Example:
You took 2 and 5 places, and your opponent 1 and 8 places.
We get the following values:
(7 + 4) / (2 - 5) = - 3.66
(10 + 1) / (1 - 8) = - 1.57 (won)
- The difference between won and lost rounds (Records Difference)
- Bo2 tie-break system.
- At the end of each game, each player save a screenshot with the final standings. The screenshot may be requested to resolve controversial issues.
2.8. Server and player connectivity issues.
- The players are responsible for their connection to game servers.
- If there are connection problems, the player must return to the game as soon as possible. There will be no replays.
3. PLAYER’S ELIGIBILITY AND CONDUCT
3.1. The citizens and/or residents of the following territories are not eligible to participate in Tournament and/or to win prizes: Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Somali, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
3.2. Officers, directors and employees of WePlay! and/or its affiliates, and each of their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in Tournament.
3.3. During Tournament, WePlay! has the right to request and the players are obliged to provide information regarding the equipment which is used by them. At its own discretion, WePlay! may disallow the use of any individual piece of player’s equipment for reasons related to a Tournament’s security, operational efficiency, effectiveness and fair play.
3.4. The players shall exhibit good sportsmanship and maintain respect to one another and to all WePlay! or Tournament personnel. Players at any time during Tournament must strictly follow all instructions provided by WePlay!. Players are expected to play at their best at all times within the Tournament and to avoid any behavior inconsistency with the principles of good sportsmanship, honesty or fair play. Any player behaving inappropriately, or not competing in compliance with these Rules, as may be determined by WePlay! in its sole discretion, may be immediately disqualified from Tournament and forfeit all potential prizes. WePlay! reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to ban disqualified players from any future participation in any event organized by WePlay!.
3.5. Behavior that is considered to be inappropriate and in violation of the Rules includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Use of any form of violence against any other players, staff and audience;
- Excessive chatting during the game (only expressions of sportsmanship (e.g. “gl”, “hf”, “gg”, “pp”) and essential communication are allowed);
- Cheating of any kind via any means;
- Use of any in-game bugs intentionally to gain the advantage;
- Use of any software which breaks Steam rules;
- Use of other people’s Stream accounts and/or fake IDs to access Dota Underlords during Tournament (only true-own accounts are acceptable);
- Betting or gambling on any games of Tournament;
- Engaging in any kind of match-fixing actions (any match-fixing offers a player receives must be immediately reported to WePlay!);
- Engaging in any other type of behavior or conduct deemed inappropriate by WePlay!;
- Any violation of these Rules.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
4.1. All proprietary rights (including without limitation all and any marketing, media and intellectual property rights) relating to Tournament belong to WePlay! or to their respective owners.
4.2. Players shall not associate themselves with Tournament in any commercial manner, nor violate any intellectual property rights of WePlay! or other respective owners, nor shall they permit any third parties to do so, without the prior written consent of WePlay!.
4.3. By participating in Tournament, each player hereby irrevocably grants WePlay! and its respective licensees, successors and assigns, permission to stream, film, photograph and record the player’s performance in Tournament and in other Tournament-related activities, including the player’s name, username (nickname), logo, avatar, gamertag or equivalent, voice, statements, likeness and other personal characteristics and other information (“Appearance”) and the right, but not the obligation, to distribute, exploit or otherwise use such Appearance without any additional payments, in whole or in part, in all and any media, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, for any purpose, including but not limited to, advertising, marketing and promoting Tournament, WePlay! itself and its website and future activities.
5. WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
5.1. WePlay! makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, expressed or implied, concerning any prize provided in connection with Tournament. Without in any way limiting the generality of the foregoing and without abrogating other agreements that apply to the player as Tournament participant, WePlay! hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions, expressed, implied, statutory or otherwise, with regards to the Dota Underlords game software, WePlay! website software, equipment and the operation of Tournament, including, without limitation, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, noninfringement, and their equivalents, under the laws of any jurisdiction.
5.2. WePlay! is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other materials, on, associated with or utilized as part of the WePlay! website, and WePlay! assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the WePlay! website or the field of play in the Dota Underlords game. Although WePlay! attempts to ensure the integrity of Tournament, WePlay! is not responsible for the actions of players in connection with Tournament, including a player’s attempt to circumvent the Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of Tournament.
6.1. Violation of any part of these Rules is determined by WePlay!. All players must strictly follow the directions from WePlay!. All decisions and directives of WePlay! are final and binding. WePlay! reserves the right to sanction any player at any time for any reason. The sanctions may be:
- prize forfeit.
6.2. If any right of disqualification arises as to any player, this right may be exercised as WePlay! may elect in its sole discretion. Any player who elects to end his/her participation in Tournament, and/or is disqualified from Tournament, will not be permitted to re-enter Tournament in any capacity.
6.3. These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. All disputes in connection with these Rules, including disputes as to its conclusion, binding effect, amendment and termination, are to be settled between the parties by negotiation. If no solution can be reached, such disputes shall be exclusively resolved by a competent court of Hong Kong. Any determination made by such a court shall be final and binding on the parties
6.3. WePlay! reserves the right to change any part of the Rules at any time and/or to cancel any player’s participation in the Tournament at its own discretion. Changes to the Rules may be published without any additional notice to players. The format/schedule of the Tournament may also be changed without any additional notice. It is each player's responsibility to track and know the Rules as they exist on the day of the Tournament/match.
6.4. WePlay! and Tournament referees are allowed to make their own decisions which could go against the Rules in extraordinary situations. WePlay! and Tournament referees are as well allowed to make their own decisions in situations which are not covered by the Rules.